Twelve children’s books that help us see our connection to nature, help show us the process of learning and growing, and shine a light on our connection as a world community…
…and for me a poem was inspired and created from all twelve titles. Enjoy 🙂
- find a complete list of books at the end of this post
Life can be cared for, and grow into more than we know.
Just like the plants in My Garden and the trees that we climb.
The Tree That Time Built and now towers up above us in it’s beauty knows growth.
The time to become grand like the trees can seem Forever or A Day.
I worry If I Never Forever Endeavor time may pass me by and
The Book of Mistakes will say the right time never arrived as I waited.
This Place I Know can be scary, but I am not alone. I find comfort in belonging and the courage to move on.
The Most Magnificent Thing is knowing I Am Human, and so are you.
I Thank You, World for the life all around me, and the rising and setting sun continuing on at each turn I take, and question I ask.
I will do my best to Pass It On so all of us will know we are here together and believe the message that says, “You’re Here For a Reason”.
By Kay Lybeck
- Life By Cynthia Rylant
- My Garden by Kevin Henkes
- The Tree That Time Built by Mary Ann Hoberman and Linda Winston
- Forever or a Day by Sarah Jacoby
- If I Never Forever Endeavor by Holly Meade
- The Book of Mistakes by Corinna Luyken
- This Place I Know Poems of Comfort by Georgia Heard
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
- I Am Human by Susan Verde
- Thank You, World by Alice B. McGinty
- Pass It On by Sophy Henn
- You’re Here for a Reason by Nancy Tillman